Who doesn’t like a sweet, deliciously moist and yummy muffin? Unfortunately, most muffins we consume are laden with heavy fats and sugars. These banana bread muffins are a fantastic healthy alternative to shop-bought. Plus you will never know they are healthy. They come in at just under 7g of fat per muffin.
I’m all for reducing waste so what better than to use up any over-ripe bananas you have, you know the ones that normally get thrown away? into a super delicious, healthy snack.
These are super easy to make and you can freeze them too, I doubt there will be many left-over to freeze though. Kids and adults alike will love them.
This recipe should only take about 6-8 minutes to do. You should have enough mixture for 12 muffins.
3 Ripe Bananas
1 Large Egg
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
Pinch Of Salt
150g Wholewheat Flour
2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil (You could use Coconut Oil)
3 Tablespoons Agave Nectar (Or Honey)
1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract (Optional)
- Grease a muffin pan or line a muffin tin with cases.
- Mash the bananas in a mixing bowl. Add the eggs and honey. Stir well to combine
- In a small bowl gently stir the flour, baking powder and salt together.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir together (Make sure not to over stir, just make sure the flour is absorbed)
- Gently stir in the olive oil, again don’t over mix.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases and bake for approx 15-18 minutes
About Niki Wibrow
Niki is the creator of the https://www.404040plan.co.uk an online fitness programmes which specializes in helping ladies over 40 look and feel great through innovative and personalized exercise plans and healthy eating recipes. Niki is a regular contributor to many TV and Radio shows and has worked with major brands such as Netflix and Matalan launching unique workout programs. Her celebrity workout DVD’s have sold in excess of 500,000 copies.
For more weight loss, health and workout tips, you can follow Niki here.